Monday, December 10, 2012

Took Smokey for a drive.

With the price of gas down............well not as high as it's been,  I decided to go for a drive.  I pulled one of the spark plugs out and it looked real good so that is one thing I won't think about for awhile.  The plugs look easier to get to than the 440.  And I think this thing is getting shorter as I am not as concerned about driving around town.  Then I took it out on I-5 for a short time.  It sure drives better than my '73 and I shouldn't complain but I wish the CC (cruise control) worked better.  When I put it on it looses about 5MPH and then slows down and finally shuts off. Something else to look into.  I would think it was just a vacuum leak but when I find out and get it fixed I would like it better.  Now after driving Wilbur for all these years I can get by without the CC it just would be nice to have it working.

The water lines are all blown out and the tanks drained.  I think I'm ready for Winter but I really would like some warm weather to seal up the roof better.  Not an big leaks in fact the only leak I seem to have is around the skylight.