Thursday, December 6, 2012

The 460 is one big old engine

Who would have ever thought that I needed another online forum to follow.  Now I have been sucked into the 460ford.com world.  What started out as just fixing up another old Bago has lead me down a road of playing with a whole new adventure.  So Smokey is running good, but I have been getting an education in big block Fords.  I do like to know how to fix things I drive and one reason I bought this Bago was because..............OK it was cheap and big.  But it is old enough to be able to work on.  And the 460 Ford boys really like those Big Blocks. 
That's where I am now.  Reading the 460 forum and learning about the engine. 
Today after having coffee with my flying friends, the weather was not good enough for flying, we met up with our daughter for lunch.  She is almost done with here nursing school and getting ready to go to work.  Anyone need a full time nurse?  She did have an interview with a large hospital this morning.
Maybe tomorrow I will have time to play with Smokey and have pictures and info on what I find.
If I get time to check out the timing and see if the vacuum advance and centrifugal advance works, I would feel better that things are working.  I might even get cute and check the TDC of the #1 piston and mark the crank for future use.
That's today's report.