Monday, December 3, 2012

I adjusted the timing today

After adjusting the timing and taking it for a drive today I think it fixed the warm starting problem and it still runs good.  But there is another trick I read about when the timing marks are hidden.  Someone used a mirror and turned the engine over by hand to where the timing marks line up, and then put some marks somewhere else.  I will look into that another time.
Maybe I can paint a mark on the crank pulley and a mark on the front of the oil pan or above it,  They might even have timing mark pointer I could bolt to the oil pan bolts that would point to the crank pulley.  How about a nice chrome one, OOOHHHHH.


Here is one at Autozone.  Mr. Gasket $4.38
This might just work.

We put up some outdoor Christmas lights since it wasn't raining and I was just thinking about Christmas lights on Smokey.  Maybe I will look into that too.