Saturday, June 17, 2017

Camping Discount Clackamas County

Special Access Pass

We honor the Special Access Pass issued by Oregon State Parks for day-use entry fee and overnight camping. The Special Access Pass is available to disabled veterans and active military on leave.


  • Free parking at all Clackamas County Parks that charge a day parking fee.
  • Free camping in an RV or tent campsite for 5 consecutive nights at a time at a single Clackamas County Park, a total of 10 nights in a calendar month, maximum of 20 days per season, regardless of the location. Stays longer than 5 nights at a park will pay the standard rate for the additional nights.
    • The veteran with a service connected disability or military on leave must be the primary occupant of the site to qualify for the discount.
    • The site fee is waived 100%.
    • The transaction fee of $8 per site still applies.
    • The first vehicle is included; additional vehicles pay the required $5.

Other valid proof (for disabled veterans without the Oregon State Parks ID card and active military on leave) may include:

  • a Disabled Veteran's license plate issued by the Oregon DMV
  • any VA photo identification card bearing the words "service connected disability"
  • any letter issued by the VA stating eligibility for any of the above programs or bearing the words "service connected disability"
  • Leave papers issued to active duty personnel by the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard or National Guard

Share this page Share on Facebook Send a tweet Email a link to this page

Friday, June 16, 2017

Oregon State Parks Disabled veteran camping

Recently I was awarded a service connected disability for my time in the Air Force.  With that I get some benefits.  One of them is free camping in the Oregon State Parks.
Here's my first FREE camping trip to South Beach State Park.  

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Kendal at the Coast

Our first vacation with our new granddaughter. 

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

My granddaughter

The wait is over.   Kendal was born and is doing great.   Grandma has been busy holding as much as she can. 

I wonder what she will think of a Winnebago.  

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Another free bago

I was told about this one and went to look.  Even for free it's no great deal. 
It's on Craigslist in mount angel Oregon.  

Casino camping on the coast

We thought we would spend a couple of nights in Lincoln city Oregon at the chinook Winds casino.  But we found out that they have changed the rules for dry camping.  

Sunday, May 8, 2016

That's the brakes

The brake booster and evidently the master cylinder have been leaking.  The booster uses ATF which is red, and the brake fluid is clear so, it was hard to tell that the brake fluid was leaking until the booster was changed.