Tuesday, December 18, 2012

RC airplanes. My other hobby

Another hobby I have is flying Radio Control Model Airplanes.  Some of you might have tried this hobby and now that the weather is cold and wet I feel like staying inside and playing with my planes.
I now have plenty of planes to fly but just like RV's you can't have to many......or can you?
I have been in and out of the model hobby on and off since I was probably 10 or so and living next to a school where we flew control line planes.  Then when I was stationed in Thailand during my Air Force days in 1975 I tried the RC stuff.  Wow has that hobby changed.  And this last time I got into it everything has changed from the radios to the batteries.  And now since I am so cheap I am looking at planes built out of foam board from the dollar store.
Take a look at this http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1587275