Sunday, November 25, 2012

The first outing with Smokey

We decided to give Smokey a try out on the road so we headed to Eugene.  It was about 2:30 when I filled up at the gas station and came home to hook up the wagon.  I was smelling a little gas as we packed up and then when I looked under Smokey and saw a wet spot on the gas line back close to the gas tank.  It looked like someone spliced the gas line with a short piece of tubing and the connection was wet.  So I figured I should put a gas filter in place of the tubing.  I put my coveralls on and slid under with a new filter, some rubber gas line and all the tools needed.  Well if the gas tank wasn't so full I probably wouldn't have leaked so much gas but it ran down my arm until I got both ends of the gas line connected.  Well since I was home I hopped in the shower and left all the gas soaked clothes in the garage.
Once we hit the road everything was good,  well OK anyway.  Our list of things to buy and fix is getting longer by the minute but right now we are full, warm and dry and watching an Elvis movie and reading the newspaper.
Maybe tomorrow I will post what we have got done and bought.
It's time to kick back and figure out our new bedroom.
We drove about 75 miles today.