Saturday, November 10, 2012

A new power cord plug

Today we went to Portland to visit our son and see his new apartment.  Not really RV stuff but of course I did find time to stop at RV Parts Outlet and buy a couple of things.  Something I wanted to replace was the power cord plug.  It looked like it got hot and so I wanted to try a new 30A plug with a handle on it.  Take a look.
The old one didn't look so good.

Cut the wires and strip like the instructions tell you.

The wires are attached.


The new one is ready to go.

And I can find it in the dark better now that's it's yellow.
And I did some looking around the engine too.

This hose connects from the air cleaner housing to the oil fill tube.
 I don't know if this hose would allow pressure to build up in the crankcase but it might.  And then the pressure might cause an oil leak................well it might.  I cut the larger hose from the steel tube to the valve cover and pulled it down to keep it from getting pushed on by the engine cover.
This get's pushed on by the dog house over the engine.  I am looking for anything that might cause pressure in the engine.  And I did check out the PCV valve too.