Friday, November 9, 2012

I'm Back on line today

OK I am fully connected again and have been still busy with Smokey.
Today I hooked up my newly updated LED ceiling light.  I ordered a roll of LED lights and replaced the fluorescent lights with the LED's.  Take a look at this.
I cut the black and white wire to the old tube ballast.
Then I cut strips of the LED's and soldered the red and black wires to the LED strips that were cut to the length needed and connected them to the correct black and white wires with wire nuts.  I know that is not the best connections to make but they are temporary.  And in a few years I might even fix them again.

This is the strips attached and wired up.
At night without the cover on.
The light closest to the TV A/C is LED and the one over Sophie is fluorescent.
 And then I did put together the other bed platform.  There is some trim to put around the base as soon as I figure out how I want to access the storage underneath.
It looks like we are ready to take off and do some camping.  Well Sophie thinks we need to clean and clean some more before we hit the road.  But it is looking better all the time.  I am even learning what some switches do.  I spent time today oiling up all the outside doors and storage area locks.  That even took awhile to do.