Monday, November 26, 2012

Spending the day in Eugene with Smokey

The first outing with a new RV must be special, but I will probably never know since I only buy old RV's, LOL.  But we have always enjoyed Eugene and today was no different.  The sun did come out today and we took a 2 mile walk along the Mackenzie River starting at the Valley River Center.  Anyplace with a Macy's store is good for Sophie.
Yesterday we were the only RV at the Elks  until about 7:30 when a diesel pusher arrived.  Something they changed here at the Elks is new electric plug in boxes.  I do remember the old ones which are mounted on the back wall of the Elks were hanging loose, so they needed work.  But the new boxes are the size of a residential 20amp outside receptacle with a cover on them.  I could not even plug my new connector in because there was not enough room to fit it in the box. 
Anyway the guy who came in after dark had a 50Amp cord and his 30Amp adapter had not been used for several years and his old plug just bent the prongs as he tried to pound them together.  I did go out with my big flash light and try to help him but we never got him plugged in.  No 50Amp plugs here, and the water has only one faucet with a 4 way splitter.  Not so great but I will try the dump station out tomorrow when we leave. 
Well we had plenty of room for our use.