Monday, November 12, 2012

Smokey or not so smokey

The oil leak might be a thing of the past but I won't say for sure until I spend some time on the freeway.  But for now it is looking good.  I took a few trips around the area and after re-tightening the oil pan bolts there is no sign of a leak.
Another thing I did today was install the LED lights in the bedroom ceiling light.  Only 3 strips were put in this fixture unlike the front room light where I used 4 strips.  The bedroom light did give me some trouble because the wall mounted light switch does not always work good.  But that is something I can deal with now that I know what is going on.
This is the 4 strip light.

This is the 3 strip light.
And then I looked at the air cleaner intake hose problem.
It is not attached to anything and drops down and the air is blocked.  Not a great way to get air to the engine.  I looked for some way to extend but I think I will just bolt a bracket on it so it stays in place.

And I contacted John Deere to see what they could give me as far as Chassis info.  This is what I was told.

John Deere no longer supports these because we sold this line to OshKosh in 1989, who in turn sold the line to Freightliner Custom Chassis in Gaffney, SC in 1995.  Freightliner's customer service number is 800-385-4357.  They should be able to direct you.  

Julie Powell
JD Parts
Deere & Co.

So I have an OshKosh by gosh chassis.