Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I have a fuel problem

Yesterday I decided to look into the dash gauge problem.  When I turn on the headlights my gas gauge went up a little, the oil pressure went up some and the temp would go up some.  So I thought I would look behind the dash.  All was looking good until I decided to start the engine and wiggle some wires.  But now the engine ran and run out of gas.  Something I checked out was the inertia switch.  Now that was something om '73 Winnebago didn't have.  That checked out good.  Then I looked at the low oil pressure switch that shuts the gas off if the oil pressure gets to low, a nice thing I guess.
Looking deeper I decide to just run a wire right to the fuel pump at the gas tank and it runs fine.  Now to look for the fuel pump relay.  Of course it is not labeled as a fuel pump relay but I think I found it.



Why do you need so many wires just to make some gauges work.

And I am going to go out now and look for the relay.