Friday, November 16, 2012

Running water and everything

Friday is here and the big news for today is the new water pump is installed and we now have running water without being hooked up to city water.
For some of you that might not sound like much, but for those of you who remember that when I first tried to put water in the fresh water tank it just ran out.  There was a valve from the water tank that didn't have a handle on it and it was open.  But after talking with my brother who has a S.O.B. (some other brand) he said there was a valve with a knob you pull to drain the tank, but I never found the handle until today.  It was laying in the cargo bay where the tank is and when I pushed it back in place and put water in the tank it didn't drain out.  So with some water in the tank and the new water pump installed I now have running water.

I almost forgot about the outside faucet in the dump bay, if that's what you call it.  I never had a dump bay before.  As soon as I turned the pump on the water just flowed out of this bay.  So it was time to replace the broken faucet.  I just needed to cut off the old fitting and install a Shark Bite 3/8" to 1/2" pipe thread fitting.

And here is the dump bay with the dump hose on the left and the fresh water are on the right.  Don't get those mixed up.  You can see I have a black water tank rinse thing in the side of the tank.  I hope it works but now I have to try that out sometime.

The rest of the day was spent cleaning the inside stuff.  I cleaned the cook top, removed the shelfs from the fridge and even cleaned the microwave oven out a few times.

I am getting closer to going someplace soon.