Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Superchief....... 1 week at home.

Can you believe it has been a whole week of working on the SC? I am kind of bonding with Smokey. I like him and we have only gone for a 10 mile drive.

Today was my day of a board meeting and then the annual owners meeting for the resort where we own a time share in Newport, OR.  If any of you have any interest in spending time on the Oregon Coast you should contact me.  For a Gold Crown Resort I can get you a deal.  No I am not selling my weeks but there are weeks available.
So as far a work on the SC I plugged in the shore power and turned the fridge on to AC.  The LP flame is so bad that I probably need to replace the burner and it is only $35.00 but I want to try the AC part first to see if it will cool down.  But today being a cool day it might not be much of a test.
Here is a link to cleaning the Norcold fidge burner.
A light in the fridge, WOW just like home.

I did look around and clean the shower floor because the sky light had leaked before and left spots.
The floor looks cleaner now.

Does your shower have a skylight and a wall light?  Yea right in the shower, imagine that.

Then I have been looking into changing the overhead fluorescent lights to LED lights.  Some articles I found were,
http://www.thewanderman.com/2012/05/convert-fluorescent-lights-to-led-dual.html

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/inexpensive-fluorescent-to-led-upgrade-139025.html

People are buying 5 meter strips of LED lights on ebay and cutting them into 16" strips and mounting them in the old fluorescent fixtures.  Sounds like a great idea and cheap too.

An easy day but I am still waiting to see if the fridge cools way down tonight.