Wednesday, October 17, 2012

On top of old Smokey.........

Today was the day to put a shine on the new/old MH.  So I also wanted to clean the roof off in case I have time tomorrow to put a coat of snow roof on.
The day started with a roof wash, my buddy, make that my best friend Terry patched the big cracks and holes in the roof before I picked it up but I wanted to put a coat of sealer on it anyway.  So I scrubbed the roof first, then washed the rest of the MH with Dawn, one last time and let it dry.  I did go to DMV and paid the big money for the title and registration.  But in 2014 when i need to re licence it they will be the Special Interest plates because it will be 25 years old.
Then after lunch Sophie and I started the Red Max Pro (RMP).  Now I know why others said that they put 5-7 coats of RMP on.  With the old fiberglass it soaks it up like paint on wood.  So after 4 hours or so I called time out for the day.  It is pretty much done but I will spend some time on it tomorrow.  Take a look.

So what do you think?  It shines like lipstick on a pig??

Oh and Sophie and I even saw a car the was going down the road, 4-way flashers on and smoking worse than Smokey was.