Friday, October 26, 2012

Furnace repair day

The carpet and chairs were still damp this morning from the cleaning yesterday and I wanted to get the furnace working to help dry things out but not today.  I thought that the electrodes were bad so I bought them at the local RV repair place, and of course I get to talk with the guys who work on them, so I get some free repair advice.
But the new probes, as they like to call them still did not spark.  Give me the good old '73 model and get out the match.  They light almost every time.
So the plan right now is I removed the furnace and will take it to the shop tomorrow where the shop will hook it up and tell me whats wrong.  They did that with my '73's furnace and even told me how to adjust it.  This was a free service and if I need a new control board I will probably buy it at http://www.rvpartsoutlet.com/ since they are cheaper.

Here is my heater repair.
The gasket material is cut out for the electrode.