Monday, October 15, 2012

Smokey is not so smokey.

Today I sprayed engine cleaner on the bottom of the engine and hosed it off.  Then I tightened up all the oil pan bolts.  They were all loose, and I even snugged up the tranny pan bolts.  Those were good but all the oil pan bolts were very loose.
I ran the engine quite a bit today and even though I only lost 1 quart of oil it sure gets all over the underside of everything.  There were even spots of oil spray on the wagon being towed behind Smokey.

I did light all 4 burners on the cook top, tried the fridge on gas but it gave me the NO FL message.  I am still reading the book and flipping switches.  Some lights work, some don't.  The batteries seem good, all the belts and hoses seem good.  The rear levelers came down and back up as I moved the levers.   The right front leveler has broken welds and is held up with a budgie cord.  I want to look that over better when I have time.
So far so good.
And I think the red light it part of the alarm system.  Yea I think there is an alarm that can be set with the remote.  How cool will that be to see the lights flash when I set the alarm....I hope it works.
These are the chassis and coach battery disconnects.

The box with a red and green light is a remco control for a tow vehicle tranny pump,            





















 


            



 And the box on the floor looks like a musicale horn control.  Don't let Terry get to that.