Saturday, October 20, 2012

The gen set works

I started the day with a good nights rest but it was WW day.  That's Weight Watchers day.  Sophie and I have been doing WW now for 32 weeks and I am down 36 pounds.  Of course this last week with all the scrubbing and working on the SC I was down 3 pounds.  So enough of WW.
I made a trip to the auto parts store for new wiper blades.  I did read some articles on the IRV2 site that said people couldn't find new blades but the Knechts auto parts store had new ones.

Something I wanted to try was the power output of the generator so I plugged in the power cord and started it up.  No problem with the power.  I ran the AC but it must not be warm enough for the compressor to come on so I ran the heating strip in the front one. Hardly a big load for a 6.5KW gen.


I also checked out the couch today.  I really wasn't sure if it was a sleeper but it does pull out and makes into a rather nice place to sleep.

Then I tried the furnace.  The other day when I turned up the t-stat nothing happened, no fan nothing.  So today I turned the temp up and moved it around for awhile and the fan came on.  I did smell some propane on the outside so I think the spark is not happening.  Back to the manuals and I will check it out another time.
Oh a big thing that happened today was we took a ride in Smokey.  Just a 20 minute ride but still had a chance to warm it up.  There is still some oil on various parts from the drive home but its getting burned off.  I did use some more engine cleaner and will drive it some more another day.
The drivers outside mirror glass was inside a cabinet so I glued it on, after the short drive.  I have this thing about seeing whats behind me and so the mirror will be nice.

Something I noticed when we drove it home was it turns over slowly after it is warmed up so today I tried the MOM switch after it had warmed up.  It turns over much faster with the extra batteries so I might really have to buy something for this MH.