Thursday, October 18, 2012

Let it rain

Today was the day to finish up the RMP and look over the roof because rain is in the forcast.  I did take time in the morning to put in some time with the old guys I fly RC planes with.  There is something about setting in a lawn chair and flying model planes that relaxes me.  So after flying and coffee at the club house I get ready to shine up Smokey.  Sophie is getting pretty good with shining up old RV's.  Take a look.




Then I went up on the roof and put some Snow Roof undercoat on the seams and places the had been patched before.  I know Terry put some patching on the bad spots but boy is this a loooooooooong roof.
Before the Snow Roof.

After covering the seams.
I would like to do a full roof coating with the undercoating and then a few coast of the white Snow roof.
How do I apply the RMP you might ask?  I use the dollar store micro fiber cloths and a swiffer for the flat places and 2 cloths sown together and over my long handle wash brush.  This time I applied the RMP to the cloths with a spray bottle instead of using a cookie sheet and dipping the cloths in the RMP.

 OH and I turned on the TV and DVD/VCR .  Guess what...they work. 

So one more thing I worked on until after sunset was the drivers side delam.  Someone had repaired a loose sidewall with black silicone and screws but didn't do any good.  So I put a few longer screws in and some clear silicone but by the time i finished it was kind of dark so you will have to wait to see the pictures tomorrow.

Thats it for today.  I am getting quite a workout with this MH.  I can't wait until I take it out for a drive.