Thursday, March 14, 2013

Window knobs fixed

I guess window hardware on Winnebago's take a beating.  On the '70's models that have sliding windows the latches are glued on.  And after 40 years or so they fall off.  The real problem is finding the latches after they have fallen off.  So I fixed several of those.  Now on the '89 Bago they use a round knob that opens a crank out part at the bottom of the window.  And my round plastic knobs were probably chewed on by a dog or just cracked from use.  Whatever happened, when I went to buy news ones they came in 2 lengths, 1/2" or 1".  So it looked like 1" was the size to get, wrong.  Mine were 1-1/4".  So I made the choice of using a 1/2" extension to make them the right length.

I love this picture of the carpet removed from a '74 Brave.

Whats under the carpet