Thursday, March 28, 2013

Body work on the Wagon

Those of you who know the history on my '93 Subaru Wagon know that I never thought I would keep very long but I like it so now to fix it up.  I have some rust holes and started by searching for products to use for filling holes and stopping the rust.  What I decided to use is called chassis saver made by Magnet Paints.  And after seeing it at the local auto parts place, Stuarts Auto Parts for $39.95 I looked on line and found an Ebay auction with 9 minutes left.  The 1 bid posted was for $25.00 and with a $26.00 bid I bought it.  So that was how I choise to use this stuff.
Take a look http://www.magnetpaints.com/underbody.asp .

Here are the starting pictures of the bad spots on the wagon

 And then after using the pressure washer and a pin point tip to blast off paint and rust.




































So now to remove a few trim parts and clean up before the Chassis Saver arrives.
And the Bondo I plan to use is waterproof.  I hope it sticks to the chassis Saver paint.