Saturday, March 23, 2013

Back from the coast & more Smokey stuff

After spending a week on the Oregon Coast we came home.  I sure wish it was warmer outside.  I know the weather is much worse across the country but we can always complain about the weather.
I did put the 4 new window knobs inside Smokey last night.  And there are plans to spend a few nights in Smokey soon.  After all it is Spring and that means Hoodstock is coming.
  Some more things off the Smokey list today.  I knew the left side speakers were not working on the radio and after reading the radio manual I figured out that I had to pull and turn on the left knob to switch from side to side control of the speakers.  Who knew!!!




  And I took my old mattress to the thrift store so we now can put the two new memory foam mattresses in when we are ready to go.

  And the third thing I fixed was the red light on the dash.  It was part of the security system and that kind of scared me to think about.  In the manual it said there was a starter disable if something set off the alarm.  That was the last thing I needed to deal with someplace,  not being able to start the engine.  At least I have the book on the alarm system if I need to work on it.

I just cut one wire, pushed it back in the dash and poof.....no more red light.




Here is my newly chromed exhaust pipe.  I sprayed it myself.


And I pulled out the awning just to see if I could remember how to do it.


And this is one of my new window knobs.  I think I could use  another  4 more for the bedroom.