Monday, March 25, 2013

Greasing the Superchief

Yea I really wanted to check the underside of the Big Bago so today I got out the grease gun and found the drive line fittings, steering arms and things like that, but when it got time to do the king pins I ran out of grease in my gun.  So after a trip to the parts store I was back in business.  The levelers make quick work of lifting the front wheels off the ground.  But I think I need to change the gasket for the top of the right side king pin cap.  It leaks grease out real fast when I put the grease in the top fitting.  Only two bolts hold it on so that is a job for another day.
  There was a nut missing on one of the rear air bag mounting bolts so that was taken care of today.  And I did scrub on the carpet inside where it had a big old stain.  Some day I might have the carpet all clean and then everyone who wants to see the inside will need to take their shoes off when the come inside.
  I also found out something I had thought might be going on.  When I first drove Smokey it seemed like it would want to straight when you let go of the steering wheel.  So today when I lifted the front end off the ground the wheels were turned but as soon as they were off the ground the wheels straightened out all by themselves   So that means that the big old shock looking thing connected to the front end works like that or some gremlins are in the steering.  You decide.

And thanks again for looking at an ad on my Blog.  I am in line to get another check from Google ads soon.  It is only taking me a year to hit the $100 mark.  And then they send me a check.  Now how cool is that.