Tuesday, March 5, 2013

More on roof cleaning

So after my last post you probably knew everything about roof cleaning,  But I did read more and found out that if you add some Ultra Gain Dish washing detergent to the bleach and water mixture it will work better and even smell better.  There is no climbing on the roof  if you have a way of spraying the mixture from a ladder.  I have a plan to use a sump pump set in a bucket on the ground and use a garden hose to spray the mixture on the roof.  Wish me luck with this project.
  I have a couple of houses to try this on so I can get plenty of practice at this before I work on the house I live in.  I did go to the dollar store only to find out the were out of cheap bleach and didn't have the dish washing soap I wanted.  Oh well there is always tomorrow to go shopping.  That's the great thing about being retired.  You can make several trips to the store to get everything you use to be able to remember to get in one trip when you were working.