Thursday, January 24, 2013

The key-less door lock is working

So I got the cheap key-less door lock system for my wagon and installed it today.  When it arrived the box was kind of crushed, not the outside box, so I took a few pictures in case it didn't work.
Then the actuator is installed in the drivers door.  The kit came with actuators for all 4 doors but you only need the one.

I found a spot to mount the actuator where it attaches and clears the inside door cover.
The kit comes with brackets and  rods and connectors that can attach in several places.

I only mounted the one actuator in the drivers door and it opens all the door locks from this one door.

So this is my latest Subaru update since I was not able to unlock the drivers door with the key.
And for less than $30.00 on Ebay I bought the kit that came with 2 remotes.