Monday, January 28, 2013

How to buy a Classic Winnebago

Why do some guys have all the luck and get a nice Classic Winnebago for just a few bucks???
Well I have looked for those super deals and I even have brothers who send me ads and pictures of ones for sale.  Take this latest one.
"No tire kickers! $300 CASH. Ran when parked. Not in bad shape. Livable. Has a 440 engine in it. As far as I know, everything works. I need it gone. $300 is NOT NEGOTIABLE. You would get more than that in scrap. The floor is SOLID."

Well at first I see the front tire is covered with hay.  Now some might think the owner might be hiding something, but I see it as protection for the tire.  All the tires are probably "like new".  And then I see there is no outside rear view mirror.  To an untrained eye you might think this is bad, but then again it is probably like new and is kept inside to keep it in new condition.  
And a solid floor??  Now I like some spring in my floor.  It helps adsorb some of the vibration when driving.

So you can't just take a look at a picture of something and decide how good it is, pictures almost always look better than the real thing.  You need to get in and kick the tires.........Oh this seller said "No tire kickers".   Well good luck dealing with him.  I would probably pass on this one.  Especially since I own two Bagos already.

And how did Wilbur look when I bought him??