Thursday, February 21, 2013

It Dawned on me today

Oh this might be more info than you want to know about Dawn dish washing detergent but here it goes.  If you saw the picture of my cabinet refinishing  
I wasn't satisfied with the results.  They turned darker than I wanted.  So after contacting Howard's,  the co. that makes the restore-a-finish, they gave me some ideas on making them lighter.  And the winner so far is using Dawn.
Take a look here for more info on cleaning with Dawn http://blissfullydomestic.com/home-bliss/clean-on-the-ch/1607/
I have used dawn to clean the wax and oil off of car parts.  Don't wash you car with Dawn because it will take the wax off paint.
Keep watching to see how this turns out.
More ways to use Dawn http://voices.yahoo.com/dawn-dishwashing-detergent-its-not-just-dishes-100388.html?cat=69
I lightened up the cover for the furnace at the floor below the storage under the cook top.  But now I am working on the other 3 doors.  Then I still want to darken the cabinet frames.  It is a veneer thin plywood and it didn't take any color when I used the restore a finish that I used on the doors.  I still have plenty of products to try and might need to sand some to get the faded finish to take some color.
One reason for the faded cabinets is the missing window shade on the opposite side of the coach.  To much sun...............Here in the Northwest?????