Saturday, April 20, 2013

What I learned on Smokey today.

Since this is our first real Outing with Smokey I ran into a problem. Well it was really two problems. The first problem was the levelers did not go down. So after bragging about my new toys I had to look for a loose wire under the dash and then my levelers worked.
The second problem came today when I went to show off my generator and it didn't start. It acted like it had a dead battery so I checked all the batteries and all the batteries were good. After having 4 or 5 of us poking and prodding around and tapping on solenoids and scratching our heads I remembered this switch on the dash that did not have any label on it. After I switched that switch everything worked. I guess what the switch does is disconnect the batteries in the coach .
But the part that really fooled pus was when I disconnected both of the main disconnect switches under the dash and we still had some power to the starter. That was because I have a battery charging circuit plugged into the AC power. Anyway all is good now land we had a great time. There were 10 of us in smoky for supper.

The ladies of Hoodstock.