Friday, April 26, 2013

We made it home again

Since we left home on Thursday of last week we have enjoyed or newer and longer Winnebago.
Madras Elks Lodge
The Madras Elks Lodge was home for two nights.  It's hard to pass up a $5.00 a night place.

The only real problem happened today in Redmond, OR.  After pulling up to the gas pump (no that wasn't the problem) but I got out the driver door and my wife came out the main door saying there was coolant leaking out the front.  Sure enough some steam and coolant was leaking out of the engine.  We got gas and I pulled into the Fred Meyer parking lot and began looking for the leak.  By the time we stopped we were down on coolant so nothing was leaking out until I filled up the radiator.  Then I had a thought of a water pump leak but it was pouring out of one of the 5/8" heater hoses.  And after a trip to the local Carquest auto parts place I was back in business   I even replaced a hose that wasn't leaking just because I was having so much fun.  And I bought 5 feet of hose and a couple of clamps,  filled up with 3 gallons of water and hit the road.

 20 miles down the road in Sisters we stopped for lunch and a photo op with non other than Smokey the bear.
Sophie with Smokey in Sisters, OR