Tuesday, April 30, 2013

New heater hoses installed

After the leaking heater hose in Redmond I wanted to replace all the hoses.  After measuring hoses from front to back I decided 30' should do the job.  I ended up buying a 50' box of hose and a box of hose clamps since they gave me a discount that way.  And I liked having the hose in a box rather than handling all that hose.  Here is the pile of old hose.
And I also found that a vacuum operated valve in the heater hose to the dash heater was not connected and it took me awhile to find the vacuum line for it.  But I watched it work when I moved the temp lever so that is good.   Now on to the air conditioning.  I can't tell if the compressor is working but I don't think it is so that is where I will start.  Or I can just do what we have been doing for several years and head to the coast when it warms up.
The new radiator hoses are coming from Amazon.com.  One is coming in Friday and one Thursday.  So maybe I will get them on soon.  And I plan to replace the thermostat when I do those hoses.