Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Packing up the Superchief

I think my memory of getting Wilbur set up for traveling has left me.  Because I don't remember putting so much stuff in Wilbur.  Or it could be that we now have so many places to put stuff.

I did drive Smokey today and tried out my cruise control repair.  I also filled up the propane tank.  Now in the manual it say's the LP tank is #80 and LP weights a little less than 8 pounds a gallon.  So they put 9.5 gallons in.  That means it was about empty.  The inside gauge went from 1/4 to 3/4 so I guess it sort of reads ok.
Then I took Wilbur over to a guy that lives close by to show him my roof.  He plans on doing the same type of roof.  Here it what he has to work with.

It's a '76 chieftain and is gutted inside.  Lets hope he can get it back together again.  I can offer him all that I know about these "classic" Winnebagos.