Thursday, January 26, 2012

The tow Bar continued.......

Today I looked over the front of the wagon and read the instructions for the base plates.  Of course the plan is to make my own plates but do a job that will not fall apart.  And using what I can find around here would keep the $$ within budget, whatever that is.
Using some tin I tried to see what would work.  This was after using some cardboard.
I could always make a push bar on the front to push Wilbur with.
Or make a big light bar for the off roading stuff at night.

The lower tie down loop is on both sides of the frame, if you can call this a frame.
The plates will use this as a place to bolt to on both sides.

On the passenger side is also a tow hook.  The store bought base plates use this to bolt to along with the tie down loop underneath.

The tow bar folded up.  I can just leave it hooked on the front when driving around.

Then folded out for towing.