Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Ball Warmer

What does it mean when someone gives you a ball warmer????
I don't know who put this on my Wagon, but you must have thought it was needed.
The Wagon's Ball Warmer
So today I took Wilbur out for a couple of trailer hitch places to look at my trailer hitch.  Wilbur is my '73 Winnebago for those that didn't know.  Anyway the trailer hitch that is on it was built many years ago and I have only used it to tow my utility trailer a few times.  That was another reason for buying the Wagon, it uses way less gas than Wilbur to pull a small trailer.

So the hitch on Wilbur was looked at by two places that sell and build trailer hitches.  Both of them thought it looked strong enough to pull a car.  That's what I wanted to hear.
Removing trees from the back yard this Summer, I hauled a few loads of brush to the recycle place with Wilbur.
Now thats a shine on the ball.  I can see myself.

The ball mount is made out of channel.  I would like to weld a square tube reciver to this but don't want it any lower.
It has hit the road when driving thru steep driveways.