Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Tow Bar tune up

Today my wife and I took the tow bar I bought, back to the factory for a tune up.  I had heard that they will give their tow bars a free check up, if you bring it by, but since I didn't by it new I wondered about the check up.  Sending an email to them asking about taking a used tow bar in, I was told that it would be free, unless it needed some repair.

So I took it in before noon and was told by one guy that I could have it rebuilt for $149.00 or for more money they would take mine and get me one already rebuilt to take now.  My whole plan for taking it in was to see if it was safe or not.  So after I didn't bite on spending some money, a second guy who really rebuilds them, looked at it and said give him till 2:30 and he would have it working like new.  Seems like the only thing the first guy was concerned about was that it was hard to fold out and hook up.

Well when I came back it was all cleaned up and working great.  I was told it was good for another 50,000 miles.  That should take care of all the towing I will do.

So here are some pictures.  They must have taken the whole thing apart, replaced and cleaned up whatever wears out, and put in a few new nuts and bolts.
Kind of a temporary sign but a nice new big building.
































So this is a tow bar made by Roadmaster and I like they way they treat owners.

Now when the weather warms up I will be ready to hit the road and take the wagon with us.