Friday, March 9, 2012

A maintenace day. Yard and car.

Another beautiful day today, so that means more yard work.  Since our back yard goes down in the back I have a back pack sprayer and spray round up over most of the hillside to keep the weeds down.
Then around the house are more flower beds that needed the weeds sprayed, so after about 3 gallons of spray I said enough.

Then after going grocery shopping it was time to change the oil in my wife's car.  And then we needed to go for a walk.  This being retired stuff can be busy. 

But I did get a chance to bleed the rear brakes on Wilbur.  I thought that I could feel that the rear brakes were not working because the front would dive down more than it use to when braking.  After bleeding the brakes it does feel better.  Maybe pulling the wagon around has got me wanting the brakes the best they can be. Now if this motor home only had an easy to get to master cylinder, and it wasn't so long, bleeding the brakes wouldn't take so long.

Oh I did spray some paint on the Wagons tow bar brackets today.  The forecast is for rain tonight, lasting for a few days, so the lawn is mowed and some yard work done. 

And one of my RC flying guys that gave me an old plane he didn't want anymore found the battery for it.  I just might fly it now, that is if we get some more dry weather soon.