Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ready to travel

So the weather has warmed up and we now have a few days without commitments so we might be ready to roll.  I worked on the mustang today, nothing to big just that the 12 year old battery was not up to starting it anymore.  Or maybe it was the battery post clamp that was corroded and broken.  Either way I replaced both the battery and the clamp.  I guess I am getting lazy since the cable with the broken clamp went from the battery and disappeared under the engine someplace so I just cut off the old clamp and used a replacement end.  Then being cheap I bought a second battery,  that's one that wasn't first quality for some reason.

Then the exciting news for us is that our son and his girlfriend plan to move from Phoenix AZ to Portland, OR.  We even had the pleasure of meeting our sons GF for supper tonight in Portland where she came today for an educators job fair.  It would be nice for them to move and have a job waiting for them.  We will see how that works out.

So will we hit the road soon?  You will have to wait and see.  Will Terry and Carolann head back home this week, and make it back without needing repairs?