Friday, April 6, 2012

It's Friday........WOW

Why is Friday so nice, even when retired.  I guess it was all those years of looking forward to a couple of days off.  And the weather is suppose to be nice for the weekend.  Oh Boy, maybe I can work in the yard.

I would like to take Wilbur out and check over a few things.  One thing to do is the brakes.  Since I bought the wagon, and set it up to be towed, the brakes should get some extra use when adding the wagon.  And then I would like to check out several little things that go through your mind when out on the road.

And if the weather is getting nicer I just might try to clean up the rusty spots on the wagon and touch up the paint.  Now that might be getting carried away but Hoodstock is in 2 weeks and I might have to keep up with the image of being so neat...............oh it's only a bunch of old RV's.  Maybe I will bring some paint and supplies with me and see if anyone wants to work on it.

Oh I am ready for camping.  So I backed Wilbur out of the garage today and adjusted one of the rear brakes since the other one seemed to be in adjustment already.  I know they are self adjusting but sometimes things don't work as advertised.
And I have a gravel parking lot close by at a school.  So after school Sophie and I took a drive to try out the brakes.  I know my wife enjoys Wilbur because she was ready to ride along.  And she brought out some different cushions for the front seats.

Update from S. CA and the travelers.

I saw this was posted on face book.  The info was they are heading back to Santa Barbara and enjoying the traffic.