Sunday, May 19, 2013

The throttle cable fixup

The problem with a new MH is fixing or at least checking everything out.  After 9 years with Wilbur I got through most of it but there was always something to check out.  Now with Smokey I still have a big list of things to do.  Today was the throttle cable.  I don't think the big old Holley opened up all the way so today I dug into it.
 This is before I moved things around.

The bolt through the throttle cable was bolted through the large hole in the carb linkage.  It should be in the smaller hole that the chain for the cruise control is stuck in.  And this gives me more opening of the carb, so I will check it out when we go over the mountains.
And once the throttle cable was bolted where it should be I attached the cruise control cable to where I think it will work.  And I moved the springs so I don't have to push so hard on the gas pedal.
Stay tuned for how this works in the mountains.

 If you want to watch the video on carb linkage check this video out.  Click here-->Throttle Linkage – Ford

I took a drive again and the cruise control works perfect.  Tomorrow I plan to drive East over the Cascade range and can really check it out.

And for those following my WW journey I am down 52.8 pounds.  Now this is getting the job done.