Saturday, June 19, 2010

Moving again

Lucky me.
When it comes to pulling a Uhaul trailer, the big one, my van works good.  That is until yesterday.  My future SIL is moving to Beaverton from Corvallis after graduating from OSU.  He starts a real job Monday.
So with a loaded trailer we left Corvallis headed to Beaverton.  Only 5PM or so we hit I-5 and I notice the battery gauge is lower than it usually is.  I turn off the lights and it goes up some.  As we drive on I notice it going lower.  Off goes the radio, GPS, fan and anything to save power.  As we get closer to beaverton the gauge is getting very low.  I guess the lowest mark is 8 and so when does this thing die.  We have people arriving to unload the trailer so I will keep driving until it quits or we make it.  Well we did make it and then I took the battery out and off to get another one.  Great thing about GPS is finding a store.  The closest Autozone was about 5 miles away and I bought a battery and off we drove.  Installed the batt and it looked like everything was AOK.  But then the battery light came back on.  We made it home and I charged up the batt before returning the Uhaul.  Removed the alternator and had it tested and they said it was good.  Installed new belt but when I started it up the same battery light came back on.  Oh well another thing to work on...........