Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm Retired, week one............

It has been a full week since I have retired and now I know why people say about retirement, "I am busier now then when I worked full time". 
I guess it was the Memorial day weekend when we were on the coast that we turned off the brain and relaxed.  I told Sophie that we were relaxing and decomposing, lol.  I meant to say decompressing, but if the word fits, use it.
So this first week off I have moved my daughter home from Corvallis, helped my wife move 20 years of teaching materials from her school to our house, That took 2 days and some of it is still needing to be put away, picked up son and GF from the airport and took them back a few days later, dealt with parents doctors, attended OSU's graduation for my daughter and her Mr right and the proposing to of my daughter following that, OH she said yes, had one open house to celebrate the graduation and then went to another open house, Had to hear about all the planning it takes to get married, NO I did not go look at dresses, and I know there were several other things done during the first week of retirement, but you know the mind is the second thing to go................... And tomorrow I get to pick up another U-Haul trailer to move someone from Corvallis to Hillsboro.  And of course my little someone is going there too.
 
Let's see fathers day is coming up and maybe another day off.