Friday, July 18, 2008

Grand National Rally 2008

I am reposting this info from a friend who is in Iowa. For my daughter, who thought I was pulled over for speeding, it was not me..............
"With headwinds and 3 mountain passes, I got 7.3 mpg. During the trip in SD, I even got pulled over for speeding. Really! I chatted with the trooper who was great and only gave me a warning. I told him the cruise was set at 61. The cruise does fluctuate & maybe the bigger wheels/tires (19.5) speed me up! I personally think he gunned another car and was thinking I was transporting something illegal. But, I wasn't what he expecting. Ha! Pic: Winnie in front of the main plant and the "Big Bertha" assembly lines building. I'll send more pics from the rally! Rally officially starts on July 21, but people are already arriving. I am having a few things tweaked on the Winnie and found an auto body shop that is detailing the exterior & buffing the aluminum trim. It will sparkle! Friday morning, July 18, one of the TV morning shows will be on the rally grounds. Maybe the Winnie will be featured or filmed."