Sunday, July 13, 2008

California or Bust

Friday July 11, 2008
Got going about 8:00AM and made it to Bandon before all the stores opended, good timing again. We did find a bakery open and bought a good desert for later. Stpped at a place called Ophir State park and walked on the beach picking up rocks and stuff. Then thought we should get to the Elks Lodge in Brookings before they fill up. Boy is it hot in Brookings. Its Friday about 1:30 when we got one of the last few spaces. Guess it fills up on the weekends. One problem developed while driving around town though. I turned around in a steep area and when I shifted down into 1st it didn't want to go into 1st. Then out on the road it was in 2nd. Oh boy another problem on this trip. When I found a place to stop and look at it I was able to move the shift lever on the trans. but the cable was bent behind the shift lever. I oiled it and we drove back to the Elks. Once it cooled of and I cooled off I took the cable out and checked it over. Straightened it and oiled it some more. I will try it in the morning. We called it a day.