Thursday, August 29, 2013

Roof leaks and tires

Wouldn't you know it that after I fix up the lawn sprinkler system the rain comes?  Last week, or was it this week I replaced some of the valves in my yard. 
And now we are setting at the beach with it just pouring outside.  Hey that just gives me a chance to check out the roof repairs I did on Smokey.  So far no leaks.
  
And I have been looking at new tires too. When I bought Smokey I checked the tires and found the front tires looked great.  One was 6 years old but the other one had the date on the inside of the tire and it was 11 years old.  They look identical.  And the rears are the older 8r19.5 size.  About 7 years old and some small cracks.  So next week I will be looking at tires since we seem to enjoy Smokey and have plans for many more years of using it.