Thursday, June 21, 2012

Getting ready to hit the road

Today was a day to change the oil on Wilbur and before I could do that I needed to warm Wilbur up, so I went and got a trailer load of wood chips,  and then another trailer load.   Well that was enough of a warm up for Wilbur so I drained the oil and changed the oil filter and filled it up with fresh new oil.  I am always amazed that it takes 7 quarts of oil.  And it even drips some oil between changes so it likes it's oil.

Then my son wanted to drive up in the hills to a place where we have taken guns and shot potatoes and a variety of targets.  I kind of like shooting potatoes since they are a starchy vegetables and I shouldn't eat so many.  Speaking of which I have lost 20 pounds now on weight watchers. 

My wife and my son's fiance even shot the guns.  First time for both of them to shoot anything

So tomorrow I will spend more time on Wilbur checking brake fluid and most everything else that I usually check.  Then on Saturday we plan to take off for a week or so.  This will give us a chance to see how the house sitters work out.