Thursday, May 3, 2012

Good bye Bill....................

Since I have several friends named Bill, and if you are one of those Bill's who is reading this, it is probably not you who I am writing about.  So the Bill, who passed away this afternoon, was not every one's friend.  He taught me several things about model airplanes and how to fly them.  He even gave me several planes to fly, since he has not been in good health for a few years, and got more enjoyment buying and giving them to others, than flying them.
I still remember the first time he called me and said good bye because he was dieing.  Since then he called me a few more times to say good bye,  he never called me today but I still remember some of those calls.  I went to visit him once and ended up taking home a car load of planes and stuff.  I even sat with him and listened to him tell me of his Chickasaw Indian heritage.  I never even looked up the ChickASaw Indians before now but you can click on the link and read about them.
So now he has passed, and unless this is just another joke he is playing on us, he is probably in a better place.  I hope he is flying model planes, even stomping on a few.  He was known to get even with planes that don't fly well, or for whatever reason, he would step on them and throw them away.

Maybe I can even find a picture or two to post here.  He liked taking pictures.
Or you can just think of him setting out in a field, flying little toys around.

Thank you Bill for everything.   You were the founding member of the LEFTIES (Lazy Electric Flying Team, In Extreme Stress)  We needed to set in lawn chairs just to keep from getting too stressed.