Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It's a Bago day today

So today I picked up some new fuel filter filters for Wilbur.  Seems like the last bago I helped rescue needed a few new ones. 

Then I went all out and replaced the heater under the dash in Wilbur.  This last year I had taken my original heater out, cleaned up the motor and even though it ran great when I tested it, after using it for 1/2 hour it smelled like a hot electric motor and ran slower and slower.

So when I came across a '68 Bago being torn apart this last year I took the heater.  Back then they used 2 motors in the heater box.  One for the defroster and one for the heat.  A new motor for my heater, there was only the one,  was going to cost $250.00 so today I took out the original one and put the new (1968) heater in.  I think the heater core is not leaking, but then it will probably only leak at the most inopportune time. 

The fans sound good and I only need to run a few new duct hoses to the defrost vents.  This might be a good upgrade especially if my wife stays warm on those cool days of traveling.