Friday, June 19, 2009

Heading into Washington 6/22/09

6/22/09 Start mileage 1459
Happy Birthday Stephanie!!
My youngest turned 21 today.
We came home yesterday for Fathers day, and today we are getting ready to head out again. I changed one of the gas filters on Wilbur that looked dirty. I would rather change it at home than on the side of the road around a hot engine.

Drove from home to Tillamook, OR today.

Had a lady come up to me when I got out on the beach to show me an ad for a '73 Brave in the National Geographic she had. Now that was a new way of starting up a conversation. Everyone talks about how nice Wilbur is. Her husband said someone either took very good care or we really fixed Wilbur up a lot.


Yes that is Wilbur behind her.

And it was a very nice day in Cape Kiwanda, OR too.
We spent the night at the Blimp Hanger in Tillamook. It is really at the Airport. Now anyplace else you would hear airplanes at a airport, but not a one was ever heard.