Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The gas tanks are full

Today was dry and I had some time, so I took Wilbur for a drive. It's about 4 miles to a truck stop along I-5 where I like to buy gas. I guess I don't really like to buy gas, but enjoy what I can do with the gas. Less than $100 to fill up at $1.83 a gallon, about 50 gallons. Our first real outing of the year will probably be in three months, but the tanks are full of gas.

There was another MH next to me at the pumps. They had a small pickup toad that took up part of my lane. And as they got ready to pull out, the lady was watching as the man drove ahead and she told me they had to get their water tank fixed because it was leaking. It sure was leaving a trail as they left. If it was only 20 years older I might have offered to look at it, but they probably just let it freeze or something simple like that.


At home I spent time cleaning up the frame where the front bumper bolts on. I had the bumper media blasted and then I painted it. After the frame is painted I will replace the bumper. I have to keep up with Jeff and replace screws that are rusty. Now Jeff has one clean looking '73 Indian.