Saturday, December 24, 2011

Saturday 12/24/2011

So here it is, Christmas eve, and everything is fine except the CEL on the Subaru.  The PSV (purge solenoid valve) is still not right.  I have tried the resistor trick to fool the computer but so far no fooling the ECM.  I tried a 35 ohm, a 46 ohm, a 100, 200 and even a few others but no fooling and the CEL comes right on when the engine is started. 
When I first started playing with this PSV I checked it's resistance and it had the 35 ohm it should have, and the CEL did not come on with the engine cold.  It would even not come on every start when warm.  Now my next step is to take a trip to the wecking yard to see what I find.  Others have gone this route and only found bad ones so this next week I will give it a try.

All I want for Christmas is no Check Engine Light
no Check Engine Light
no Check Engine Light
All I want for Christmas is no Check Engine Light
and I could wish you Merry Christmas...........................................................................